Friday, February 22, 2008

GNI -- August 2007

Went to GNI again this year – it was fun. Though I have to admit, it has lost some of its luster. We scheduled ourselves for the second half of the week – lucky thing. It rained for the entire pre-week and first half. From morning till night, from night till morning. And, as nice as the guys in my cabin were – I’d have gone stark raving mad if I’d been shut up with them for all that time. Not to mention soggy, mildew-ridden, and ill tempered. I don't think there's anyone I could be confined with especially due to rain. Which is not one of my favorite things.

They had a great fireworks show to close the week out – but I got hit in the eye with a piece of detritus from one of the displays. That hurt!

The talent show was particularly good this year and I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ll keep attending, I suppose. But somehow, my enthusiasm is not as high as it once was.

No comments: